DARRYL KNIGHT The Standard
The Uxbridge Bruins exacted some revenge on the Georgina Ice this past weekend, taking a 4-1 win on home ice, to bounce back in the rematch from November 24th, at the Bear Den.
More than 400 fans created a tremendous atmosphere for the match, with Uxbridge entering the evening in third place, in the Orr Division standings, just three points behind the second-place Ice.
The teams traded tremendous scoring chances throughout the opening period, before Quinn Meek broke the deadlock, late in the first with a pair of goals, to put Uxbridge ahead 2-0. Owen Shier would score the lone goal of the second period, to push the Bruins’ lead to 3-0.
Just over halfway through the third period, Georgina scored, to break up Andrew Claughton's shutout bid in net for the Bruins. But, that would be as close as they would get, as an empty net goal from Ty Robert's, late in the third, rounded out the scoring.
- Anthony Lamanna had three assists, against the Ice, on Friday night. His 22 helpers in the season rank 15th, across the entire 63-team Provincial Junior Hockey League (PJHL).
- With 17 goals apiece, Roberts and Meek are tied for 13th in goals in the PJHL.
- The Uxbridge Toy Drive continues for the next two Bruins home games. Bring your new, unwrapped toys and gift cards to the Bear Den, on Friday night, or donate anytime at Canadian Tire, Zahra, McDonald's, or Body Fit Health Club.
- The Bruins start their weekend with a Battle of North Durham, against the Port Perry Lumberjacks, at the Bear Den, on Friday, December, 8th, at 7:45 p.m.
- On Tuesday, December 12th, the Bruins are back on the road, making the trek to Lakefield to tangle with the Chiefs, in a 7:25 p.m. match-up.