top of page

Kingston Voyageurs picked up an 8-4 win

KAWARTHA LAKES: A four minute span at the end of the second period was the difference, as the Kingston Voyageurs picked up an 8-4 win, in the last game of the season for the Lindsay Muskies.

There was only one goal in the first period. It went to Kingston’s Cameron Pound as he snapped a shot in from between the face-off circles, at 10:14. The assists went to Adam Kim and Andrew Suriyuth.

In the second period the teams battled back and forth, until a strange series of events took place. With the Vees on a power play they thought they had scored at one point, but the referee closest to the net waved no goal and play continued. About half a minute later play was called, as the Vees were being handed a penalty. During the break, while the Kingston player was heading to the box, the officials gathered at center ice and decided the earlier shot on goal did go in. Kingston was suddenly up 2-0, with the goal being credited to Ryan Gibson, from Bryan Laureigh and Adam Harris. The time of the goal was 12:10. Noah Vandervinne got the Muskies back within one, when he broke in alone and scored, at 14:38, from Brendan Tomilson. The next four minutes though would be the difference in the game. Troy Bowditch scored on a power play, from Suriyuth at 16:57, to make it 3-1. Just 16 seconds later it was Laureigh, from Cameron Bickford and Joel Holtrop. At 17:54 Nick Zarichny scored, from Hunter Leonard and Bowditch.         

Then another power play goal came, off the stick of Suriyuth, at 19:46, from Kim and Zarichny, to make it 6-1 heading into the third.

There was a bit of a spark from the Fish in the third. Jake Rauch scored, from Matt King at the 13:17 mark, to make it 6-2. Less than a minute later, Braydon Leeking made it 6-3, from Kalvyn Watson and Brendan Tomilson. Any thoughts of a comeback were dashed though when Kingston scored another pair of goals. Aidan Harris scored for the Vees, from Kim at 15:27, then it was Laureigh, from Zarichny at 16:54. The Muskies added one more at 17:30. That goal went to Josh Weber, from Curtis Trolley and Ryan Gallant.

3 views0 comments


bottom of page