top of page

2020 edition of Uxbridge Santa parade cancelled

DAN CEARNS, Local Journalism Initiative Reporter, for The Standard

UXBRIDGE: The COVID-19 pandemic has caused the cancelling of the 2020 Uxbridge Santa Claus parade. At a recent meeting, Uxbridge councillors agreed to defer the annual event to 2021, on the condition the provincial emergency order is lifted. “After much discussion, the Santa Claus Parade Committee proposes the 60th Uxbridge Santa Claus parade be deferred to 2021, provided the COVID-19 provincial emergency order has ended at that time,” read a report from CAO Kristi Honey. “The 2020 Santa Claus Parade Committee budget is $7,500. [The] Santa Claus Parade Committee requests 75% of the 2020 funds be deferred to 2021 ($5,625)[toward the Santa Clause parade that year], and the Committee [will] work with the Optimist Club to determine how [they] may support their Fantasy of Lights event in 2020 with the remaining 25% of the Santa Claus Parade budget ($1,875).” The parade had been scheduled to run on Saturday, November 21st.

3 views0 comments


bottom of page