top of page

Lindsay Muskies vs Toronto Junior Canadiens Sunday Night

CRAIG SCHROTER Special to The Standard

KAWARTHA LAKES: The Lindsay Muskies knew they’d be in tough against the Toronto Junior Canadians on Sunday night but a strong effort saw them pick up a hard earned point in a 3-2 overtime loss. Although there was no scoring in the first, the action was fast and both Curtis Boothe and Ben Edwards had to be sharp in their respective nets. For Edwards this marked his first start in goal as a Muskie. In the second period, after the Muskies had killed off the fourth straight Toronto power play they finally got a chance of their own and Brett Robertson made it count with his 4th of the year, scoring on a point shot at 8:22 from Noah Vandervinne and Mathieu Hebert. Riding that momentum at 10:40 it was Adam Miwa causing a turn over then firing a wrist shot high over the glove of Boothe to make it 2-0. The goal was Miwa’s 6th of the year. The Muskies then continued their steady parade to the penalty box, and it finally cost them at 15:52 when Connor LePage scored from Matthew O’Brien and Claudio DeGasperis. At 6:26 of the third Ryan Tverberg made a nice move to out wait Ben Edwards and slide one in behind him to tie the game at 2-2 with the assists going to Mathew Rehding and Matthew Falls. From that point on the Junior Canadiens really drove the pace of the game but Edwards and the Muskies defenders against the much higher ranked squad to force overtime. The home team kept up the pressure in the four on four overtime and Edwards, who played great in the game making 41 saves, couldn’t stop the winner from O’Brien who fired home the winner at 2:06 assisted by DeGasperis and Chase Spencer. Ryan Hall who was making his Muskies debut looked solid on defence on the night. The Fish were short forward Curtis Trolley and Artem Guryev who were up playing with the Petes. The next action for Lindsay is Wednesday night as they travel to Buffalo.

3 views0 comments


bottom of page