Perfect for a refreshing summer dessert or a sweet and savoury side dish when served with grilled bread.
This recipe can easily be scaled up or down to suite your needs.
2 pints Strawberries
2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 tb. Honey (optional)
Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup Blue cheese
24 leaves Basil, fresh
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
2. Wash strawberries. Cut off the leafy top by inserting the tip of a paring knife into the top of the strawberry, at a shallow angle, and rotate to create a hollowed area. Cut strawberries in half.
3. Toss with oil an honey. Season with salt and pepper. Spread out onto a shallow rimmed baking tray. Roast for 12 minutes or until tender but not spongy.
4. Meanwhile, crumble the cheese. Slice basil into thin strips.
5. Remove strawberries from the oven, let cool 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Gently fold in cheese and basil.
6. Serve drizzled with aged balsamic.
We reserve the right to remove any and all comments for any reason. Comments with swearing will be deleted without exception.