The church, located at the southeast corner of Jeffrey and Barber Streets, at 23 Jeffrey St, was built in 1866. At the time the church was built, the community of Prince Albert was a thriving grain-trading and lumber hub.
The church has been part of The United Church of Canada since its inception in the year 1925. It usually welcomes an average of 20 to 30 worshippers every Sunday morning. The congregation prides themselves on being a ‘welcoming and relaxed group.’
Prince Albert United Church and Port Perry United Church also work together on various outreach programs in the local community and share a ministry team and an administrator.
For more information on the church, visit www.portperryunited.com.